Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Favor Box Contest

I think our wedding favors are taken care of now! One of the wedding blogs that I read www.stylemepretty.com (which is awesome, you should check it out), features amazing wedding vendors and occasionally gives away products from those vendors. Last week they featured Dooby Design Group, a custom design company based in Michigan. The company decided to give away 100 of their custom favor boxes to readers of this blog. I figured I would put the UGA journalism skills to work, so I wrote up a quick anecdote about what Cary and I plan to giveaway as favors at our wedding. Then the company owner picked a winner from about 90 other entries.
Here's what I wrote:

I love all of your color combinations, and the weddings on your blog were just gorgeous! I couldn’t find my exact color combo, navy blue and fuchsia with bright green accents, but I know you could easily pull these off. My fiance and I want to give away spiced pecans. As a little girl, I can remember picking up and shelling pecans from my Grandfather’s yard. When I met my fiance, I was pleasantly surprised to find out that he loved spiced pecans, a favorite of my family, too!! I’ve made spiced pecans for him on several occasions, and I always make them around Christmas time. We would love to share this family favorite with our wedding guests, and what a beautiful way to do so with Dooby Design Group’s favor boxes.

Well, one week later, I got an email announcing that I won the contest!! Pretty cool, huh? First our engagment pictures, now our favors. Too bad my wedding dress wasn't a contest prize! Anyway, the favors will be similar to this:

(but not pink or black) I can't wait to get them!

No comments:

Post a Comment