Sunday, December 29, 2013

Baby West says, Go Dawgs! (12 Weeks)


The whole pregnancy thing from my (Cary's) perspective:
I remember very early on, I was sitting on the couch and Kelly brings me an EPT.  I'm thinking, sure they have commercials about those, but are they really accurate?  Personally, I put little stock in it.  It wasn't until I saw the ultrasound that it was real.

My role?  Support and Logistics.  When Kelly has cravings, I go to the grocery store, coupons in tow, and support the craving.  I even bought tart yogurt from a  frozen yogurt place, filling up a container until they were out of that flavor.  From a logistics side, our health insurance is from my employer, and I have read just about everything our insurance has on prenatal care, pregnancy, birth, and postnatal care.  I should know from working in healthcare, but I soon realized that though most services received are dictated by insurance, the doctor's office is unaware of who gets what services.

It is definitely an exciting time, preparing our home, our budget, and our hearts.  Speaking of budgets, Kelly sent me an article from Southern Savers about the best deals on diapers and what is considered a good per diaper price based on size.  As with other products, I've taken this somewhat as a challenge to find the best deals...more to come on that later.

**Just FYI, these posts are not "real time" and may be a few weeks behind. We plan to catch up soon.**

No comments:

Post a Comment