Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Gender reveal...it's a ??? (17 weeks)


Baby West is a.....

We had originally planned to go to a local imaging place this past Friday, but on Thursday afternoon I got a call that the appointment would have to be canceled due to their machines being down.  My immediate thought was, "Are you kidding me?  This is de ja vu!"  They wanted to reschedule for next Friday, but I didn't want to wait yet another week.
I quickly got on the internet and looked up other imaging centers in South Carolina and Georgia.  The closest one ended up being on this side of Atlanta, about an hour and a half from us.  I sent a link to their website to Cary to get his opinion.  He texted me 15 minutes later and said we had an appointment for gender reveal at 10am on Saturday. I know, best husband ever!
The company is called Stork Vision, and they have several locations.  I must say, we were very impressed.  We chose a quick session, because all we really wanted to know was the gender and maybe have a couple pictures. We got them on a CD, making it easy to print them or share them.
Here is Baby West:


The sonographer of course found the fetus instantly and took pictures to send to their corporate office (every ultrasound is reviewed by an MD whether an OB, radiologist or primary care physician).  Then she found the perfect angle to tell us what we were anxiously wanting to know.

"It's a Girl!" she said.


I think Cary and my eyes instantly probably looked twice as big.  We were so certain we had a little boy in there, that we were shocked and amazed to find out it was a girl.  And we couldn't be happier.  We can finally use the correct pronoun, start planning the nursery, and buy some hair bows.  Out of Cary's 22 first and second cousins (on his Dad's side of the family), 77% are boys (Yes, Cary ran the numbers)!  Plus Cary is one of three boys and his Dad is one of 4 boys!  Time to add a little pink to the West family!

Look at those cute toes:


I must say, I've always thought these 3D ones were creepy, but this is a pretty good one of her face.  The placenta was in front of her, so we never got a completely clear view.  She looks beautiful to me! :)


Ok, that's all for now.  Miss West is gonna take a nap, sucking her thumb already.

No comments:

Post a Comment