Friday, September 25, 2009

Checking off the List

We've been busy, busy, busy checking things off our (very long) wedding planning list. The save the dates came in the mail. I won't show them here, that would spoil the surprise, but this is me opening the box!
The smaller white box next to me contains some of the bridesmaids' gifts. I'm so excited to give them and also excited that I can check this off my list, too!

And recently, my Mom and I took a trip to Statesboro, GA to visit Frills and Fancies in search for her mother of the bride dress. This is a huge store located in downtown Statesboro, which has four floors of dresses, jewelry, shoes, and other frills and fancies. The top floor is devoted to bridesmaid and mother of the bride dresses, hundreds of them. (The third floor is all wedding dresses...racks upon racks of them, and while we didn't go there to get my dress, I would definitely recommend it to anyone!) The bottom two floors are pageant dresses, suits, and swim wear as well as prom during that season. We headed to the top floor, via elevator, and met with one of the consultants who was very knowledgable in all the bridesmaids' and mothers' dresses. Mom was able to look at all of the dresses on the racks and pull any that she wanted to try. I sat on a comfy couch while she tried each dress...it felt like a total role reversal from the wedding dress hunt! She decided on a beautiful one that all three of us loved! Now we get to accessorize it!

Lastly, Cary and his parents have been busy organizing the hotel group block at the Holiday Inn Express in Cumming, GA. Now, whenever you book your room, use the code "MWW" (which stands for McKinney/West Wedding) to receive the group rate of $79/night. You can use it online or over the phone. We highly recommend this hotel. We personally visited several hotels in the area near the reception/church locations, and this is the best by far.
Here's one of the rooms. Suites are also available and of course, continental breakfast is included.

No comments:

Post a Comment