Monday, August 2, 2010

My new truck

I've been looking at getting a new truck for several months and after carpooling our first few weeks for work, we realized it was about time. I spoke (and negotiated) with 3 different dealerships and found it to be an enjoyable experience. After leaving the second dealership at which I played some serious hard ball, I commented to Kelly "that was fun." She replied "I hated that! I was sweating the entire time." Needless to say, Kelly did not attend the final negotiating session.



When looking at buying the truck, price was the primary negotiating factor. Most dealerships had multiple colors of the same package I was looking at, so for me, it wasn't about who could wow me but who could give me the best deal. And to top it off, Clark Howard recently talked about many new vehicles being cheaper than their used counterparts, which I found to be the case with mine after looking at used models from 2007-09. I decided on a 2010 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab Prerunner.

No comments:

Post a Comment